If there is more than one file posted below, you only need the newest version (one with the highest number). The others are available in case you want to go back to an older version.
- improved to not recognize the disc after writing low size file.
This firmware upgrade is for LG Branded drives. This upgrade is NOT designed for drives manufactured for HP, IBM, Compaq, Dell or any other OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers, please contact the OEM for all firmware updates and support for your OEM drive.
This firmware software only works in windows mode with Windows 2000/XP/Vista. If you encounter problems in flashing the firmware or have
any questions, please contact our LG customer support line toll-free at 1-800-243-0000.
1. If you haven't already, download the firmware file and extract the zip file.
2. Connect the drive with USB and no other device on the same port.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs. Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update as they can interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.
4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray before you start the update procedure.
5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the executable file.
6. The downloader program will start. Click the "Load file" tab and look for the ROM Firmware that was included with the download.
6. Click the update button and do not touch or interfere with the drive while the firmware is being upgraded. IMPORTANT - DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE DRIVE DURING THIS PROCESS. If an error occurs during the upgrade process, or the upgrade process is cancelled during this process, damage to the drive can occur.
7. When the upgrade is complete the screen should say "Updated OK". Re-boot your PC.
If you experience any problems or have any questions, please contact LG customer support at 1-800-243-0000.