GET EVERYTHING CONNECTED
The LG Laser TV comes equipped with over 10 different types of ports, allowing you to connect almost any external device. There are also many devices that can connect to your Laser TV wirelessly. If you need help on getting everything connected, find your device type below and follow the step-by-step instructions.
It's best to connect everything at the same time that you install your TV. Fiddling with wires and connections may jostle your Laser TVs placement after it is set up, which could impact how it displays.
CONNECTING A HOME THEATER SYSTEM
It's easy to connect your home theater system to your LG Laser TV. Just follow these step–by–step instructions. Watch the video.
CONNECTING A PC OR LAPTOP
Want to hook up your PC to your TV? It's easy. Your Laser TV provides Plug & Play capabilities, meaning that your PC will adjust automatically to its settings. All that great content on your PC can now be on your TV. Your Laser TV can also allow you to connect wirelessly. But, if you choose to connect using a cable, we recommend using an HDMI to DVI connection for the best image quality.
CONNECTING A DEVICE WITH AN HDMI CONNECTION
You can connect external devices like an HD receiver, DVD, or Blu-ray player via an HDMI or HMDI to DVI connection. Follow the diagram and instructions below.
An external audio device that supports SIMPLINK and Audio Return Channel (ARC) must be connected using the port labeled HDMI 1 (ARC).
HDMI TO HDMI CONNECTION
- Connect the HDMI cable to the input port of the Laser TV and connect the other end to the HDMI output port of your external device.
- Press the INPUT button on your remote control to select HDMI. You can use any HDMI input port to make the connection (except for when connecting an audio device that supports ARC, in which case only use input 1).
HDMI TO DVI CONNECTION
- Connect the HDMI cable to the input port of the Laser TV and connect the other end to the DVI output port of your external device.
- Press the INPUT button on your remote control to select HDMI. You can use any HDMI input port to make the connection.
CONNECTING A DEVICE WITH AN AV CONNECTION
Your Laser TV also comes with AV input ports. It's easy to connect. Simply follow the instructions below.
Connect the AV cable to the output ports of your external device to the AV input ports on the back of your Laser TV. Match the color of each plug to the color on each jack.
CONNECTING A DEVICE WITH A COMPONENT CONNECTION
Your Laser TV comes with Component input ports. It's easy to connect. Simply follow the instructions below.
Connect the component cable to the output ports of your external device to the component input ports on the back of your Laser TV. Match the color of each plug to the color on each jack.
The output jack Y, PB or PR of the DVD player may be marked as Y, B-Y, R-Y/Y, Cb, Cr/Y, Pb or Pr, depending on the model.
CONNECTING A GAMING SYSTEM
Most gaming systems can connect to your TV using a variety of cables. Determining which cables you should use depend on what cable jacks you have available on your television and your personal preference for how you wish to experience your gaming content. Here are some helpful links from a few manufacturers to help you get set up.
If you want to listen to the sound from your Laser TV using headphones, you can plug them into the headphone jack on the back of the TV.
CONNECTING A MOTORIZED SCREEN
If you choose to use a motorized screen, you can connect it to the trigger port on the back of your Laser TV for seamless operation with your remote.
Connect your external device (eg. roll screen) to the TRIGGER (12 V) port using a mini jack cable (3.5 mm).
- Do not plug an earphone jack into the TRIGGER (12V) port. This may cause damage to the earphones.
- When a device is connected to the TRIGGER port, turning the power on outputs voltage from the port; turning the power off stops outputting.