SET UP YOUR NEW TV
Ready to start enjoying your new LG 4K Ultra HD Smart TV? First, let's nail down the very basics. Start by prepping the area by removing clutter and sharp objects that might scratch your TV.
FINDING THE RIGHT DISTANCE
Where you position your TV in relation to where you'll usually be sitting can make a big difference. Use the diagram below to get a better sense of your ideal placement.
UNPACK THE BOX
Now that you know where your TV will be placed, grab a friend and watch this video for some quick tips to help you get it out of the box and ready to set up.*
MOUNT IT ON A STAND
If you are not mounting the TV to a wall, use the following instructions to attach the stand.
- Remove the stand cover (stand cover is for wall-mounting, to make the back of the TV look nice and clean).
- Slide the stand into the slots on the back of the TV and use the screws to attach the stand.
If you'd like some additional support, you can also secure your TV to the wall.
- Insert and tighten the eye-bolts, or TV brackets and bolts on the back of the TV. If there are bolts inserted at the eye-bolts position, remove the bolts first.
- Then mount the wall brackets with the bolts to the wall. Match the location of the wall bracket and the eye-bolts on the rear of the TV.
- Finally, connect the eye-bolts and wall brackets tightly with a sturdy rope or cable. Make sure to keep the rope parallel to the flat surface.
Brackets, bolts, and ropes are optional. You can obtain additional accessories from your local dealer.
MOUNT IT ON THE WALL
An optional wall mount can be used with your LG television. Consult with your local dealer for a wall mount that supports the standard used by your TV model.
Carefully attach the wall mount bracket at the rear of the TV. Install the wall mount bracket on a solid wall perpendicular to the floor. If you are attaching the TV to other building materials, please contact qualified personnel to install the wall mount. Detailed instructions will be included with the wall mount.
We recommend that you use an LG brand wall mount. When you do not use LG's wall mount bracket, use a wall mount bracket where the device is adequately secured to the wall with enough space to allow connectivity to external devices.
Make sure to use screws and wall mounts that meet the VESA standard.
Gather and bind your cables together with a cable holder or with a cable management clip for the finishing touch.
TRANSPORTING YOUR TV
Take your TV with you wherever you go.
TIP: Avoid touching the screen at all times, as this may result in damage to the screen.
We recommended moving the TV in its original packaging. Before moving or lifting, disconnect the power cord and all cables. When holding the TV, the screen should face away from you to avoid damage. Hold the top and bottom of the TV frame firmly. Make sure not to hold the transparent part, speaker, or speaker grill area.
It's best to find a friend to help. Try not to expose the TV to jolts or excessive vibration. Keep it upright and never on its side or tilted towards the left or right.
*Magic Remote available on select models.