An OE error code indicates that the washer was unable to drain the water. The main causes for this error code are:
- Clogged drain pump filter
- Kinked drain hose
- Clogged stand pipe
A clogged drain pump filter is one of the main causes of an OE error code appearing on your washer's display.
For your convenience, we have a video on how to clean the drain pump filter here.
Please follow the steps bellow to attempt to redeam the issue.
- Press the POWER button to turn the washing machine off and remove the plug from the outlet.
- Open the drain pump filter cover.
- Unclip the drain hose and remove the plug from the drain hose to drain the water remaining inside the wash tub. Drain the excess water into a short bucket or shallow pan.
- After all the remaining water has drained from the drain hose, twist the pump filter counterclockwise to remove from the washer.
- Clean the pump filter and filter opening with a soft-bristled brush and warm water.
- Place the cap back into the drain hose and reattach the hose to the washer.
- Insert the drain pump filter back into the washing machine, making sure it is inserted securely. Close the drain pump filter cover.
- Run a new cycle to see if the OE code has been cleared. If the OE code appears again, the unit may require repair service.
Kinked drain Hose
A kinked drain hose will prevent the water inside the wash tub from draining properly, causing an OE code to appear on the washer's display. Check behind the washer to be sure that the drain hose is not kinked. Run a spin cycle again if any kinks in the drain hose were straightened.
Clogged stand pipe
Items you may need:
- Pan / Bucket to hold up to 3 gal of water
- towels (just in case)
- Remove drain hose from stand pipe.
- Place end of drain hose into bucket because the water should siphon out.
- If it does not, there may be a clog, either in the pump or the drain system.
- If it does, take a jar of water and pour it slowly into the stand pipe and check for clogs.
Note: For your safety and to preserve your warranty, if the issue persists, LG recommends that all repairs are performed by an Authorized Service Center.
For your convenience, you can request a repair online by clicking the following button: Request a Repair