http://www.lg.com is the site with the purpose of creating an experience of what LGE brand is and its various products with detailed information. It also provides customer services for current and future customers.
LGE reserves the right to add or remove service from its Sites and to modify its service from time to time.
2. What information does LGE obtain?
We may obtain two (2) main types of information from visitors to the Sites: (1) Personally identifiable information (which may include without limitation Sensitive Personal Data); and (2) Non-personally identifiable information, through any means. Below are some examples of the circumstances under which we may collect your information, whether such information are personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable.
There are a variety of ways that we may collect information from you; below is a list of some ways we may collect such information:
- a. We may collect your first and last name and product or service details if you contact us with a question.
- b. We may collect your first and last name, mailing address, billing information and any other information which are reasonably necessary or us to fulfill and meet our obligations under the purchase order if you purchase products and/or services from the Sites.
- c. We may collect your billing information, address, phone number, details of your purchase from us and any other information which are reasonably necessary or us to provide customer service;
- d. We may collect your first and last name, mailing address/es and usage data to track your usage of the service(s) made available on the Sites but only to the extent reasonably required for us to provide such service(s) or related service(s).
- e. We may collect registration details about products or any hardware (including serial number, place of purchase, purchase date) that you purchase, and this information may be tied to your name and mailing address;
- f. We may collect your first and last name, mailing information, email address, and billing information if you download certain information, application and/or software from the Sites;
- g. If you choose to participate in a contest, game, competition and/or without limitation any other promotional activity managed, organized, and/or operated by us (collectively, “Promotional Activities”), we may collect your first and last name, date of birth, email address, and any other information which are reasonably necessary and/or legally required for us to manage, organize and operate such Promotional Activities;
- h. We may collect your name and mobile phone number if you provide us with written consent authorizing us and/or our agents to send autodialed and/or pre-recorded telemarketing messages to your mobile number.
- i. We may collect your name and mobile phone number if you provide us with written consent authorizing us and/or our agents to send SMS/MMS messages to your mobile number.
- j. We may collect your first and last name, email address, password, screen name, date of birth and any other information reasonably necessary or required for us to create a user account for you to upload content or to add comments on the Sites;
If you do not want LGE to collect your personally identifiable information, please do not provide such information to us.
The information that we may receive when you use the Sites falls into the following categories:
- • Device Information. we may collect information about the products that you purchase or ask customer service through the Sites. Device Information may include product code or model number, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, product category, country code or device identity number(s).
- • Account Information. When you first register with the Sites, you will be asked and prompted to enter certain information, such as your email address, password, telephone number, name, and address, as well as any other information reasonably necessary or required for us to create a user account for you.
- • Usage Information. Usage Information refers to all information collected from the Sites which may include without limitation to clicking logs; your downloads, your registration details or how you may be using the Sites. .
- • IP Address. When you use the Sites, we may automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognized by our server.
- • Cookie. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Sites. For example, when someone visits a page within the Sites, a cookie is placed on the user's machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Sites previously. Cookies may also be used to track users across the Web. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users who visit the Sites. Some of the cookies we use may be flash cookies or Adobe cookies. Depending on your browser, these cookies may not be automatically deleted. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted.
- • Web Beacons. (also known as "clear gifs," "web bugs" or "pixel tags") "Web Beacons" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
3. How will LGE use the information it obtain?
We use your information that is collected through the Sites for the following purposes:
- • To deliver product(s) and/or provide service(s) to you;
- • To provide customer service(s) to you;
- • To alert you of special offers, updated information, other new products or service, or to forward promotional materials to you upon your request;
- • To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- • To manage, organize and/or operate our promotional activities which you have participated in;
- • To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- • To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- • To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites;
- • To allow you to upload content or to add a comment to the Sites;
- • To contact you in response to sign up forms such as “Contact Us” or other inquiries.
- • to analyze, review, and improve the product(s) and/or service(s) that we offer;
- • to understand the user experience of those who visit our Sites;
- • to develop new product(s) and/or service(s);
- • to provide you with a user-friendly navigation experience;
- • to protect and defend our rights and property, including without limitation by way of legal proceedings;
- • to meet our legal, compliance and/or audit requirements;
- • for marketing purposes; and
- • for internal record keeping purposes.
4. Information Sharing
• To our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates
• Third Party Service Provider.
Please be informed that there are circumstances where it is inevitable for us to share and disclose your information with third parties who may not be affiliated with us. Some of such circumstances and examples of third party entities with whom we may share your information include without limitation:
- If you purchase or download anything from the Sites, communicate with us through the Sites and/or provide your data through the Sites, your data may be handled and processed by independent third-party service providers, agents or contractors who may not be affiliated with us but help us maintain our Sites, provide administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf), help us supply product(s) and/or service(s) to you and the fulfillment of our obligations under the purchase order(s) as well as the administration, management and/or operation of our our promotional activities including without limitation events, contests, competition(s), etc. We seek to ensure that these independent third parties who are not affiliated with us will not use the data for any other purpose than to provide the services for which they are responsible for. If you do not wish for such independent third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us
- We do not normally solicit for and/or collect your financial information and credit card numbers from you. If you choose to make any purchase on the Sites, please contact us (Contact Information under Clause 15 below) in advance for confirmation of the validity and authenticity of the offer prior to sending us any of your financial information and/or credit card numbers. Should it be necessary that we collect your credit card number, billing address and other personally identifiable information due to your purchase at the Site(s), we will use the collected information for the purpose of fulfilling your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you to independent third parties who may or may not be affiliated with us only if it is necessary to complete your purchase.
• Other Parties When Required by Law.
As required by court order or other government or law enforcement authorities in order to comply with legal process or law;
• Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions.
In connection with a corporate event, such as a merger or sale of all or part of our business (including that of a division or subsidiary), where LGE may need to disclose information to a potential buyer and its professional advisers;
• Other Parties When it is Necessary to Protect Our Service.
In order to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
• Other Parties When it is to Protect Any of Our Users’ Personal Safety or Property.
In order to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public
• To strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service. In this case, we may ask your additional consent. .
5. Collection and Use of Information from Children, Minors and the Legally Incapacitated Persons
Protecting the privacy of children, minors and legally incapacitated persons are important to us. We do not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain personal information from children, minors and legally incapacitated persons or knowingly allow such persons to access and/or use the Sites without parental or legal guardian consent. If you are below the age of majority of your location or lack legal capacity to grant us consent to our use of your personal data, please do not attempt to register on the Sites or send us any personal information without approval from your parents and/or legal guardians. Should we learn that a child, minor or legally incapacitated person has provided us with any personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information.
6. Overseas Transfers
7. How long will LGE keep my personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that we retain your personal information for only as long as it is necessary for us to do so.
8. Cookies and other tracking technologies
When you access and/or use the Sites, third parties outside our control may collect personal information about your online activities as well as your online activities across different websites over time. We are not responsible for such third party data collection.
9. Opt Out
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email or text message. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Although you may opt out of marketing messages, please note that it is in your interest to ensure that we are able to deliver certain non-marketing-related messages, such as notices of payments, and that we may be required to deliver certain notices to you by law. In addition we may deliver certain marketing-related messages, and in this case, we ask your additional consent.
However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites or if you do not want us to share your information with third parties. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box provided at the points where information is collected, or by contacting us using the contact details provided under Clause 15. We will process your request to unsubscribe the service as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the un-subscription is completely processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email.
10. Forums, Chat Rooms and other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any product review board, chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you do not want people to know your e-mail address, for example, do not include it in any message you post publicly.
11. Third Party Web Sites
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Sites. The Sites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the information collected via the Sites.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. Nevertheless, due to the design of the internet, ever-changing technology, and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that the Sites will be free from unauthorized access by third parties or that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. To the maximum extent permissible under law, we do not accept any responsibility and liability for the disclosure of personal information due to errors in transmission, the unauthorized or unlawful acts of third parties or your decision to disclose your personal information on the Sites. You must also take appropriate steps to keep your password confidential and change it regularly.
15. Governing Law / Venue / Forum
16. Your rights to access processed information under the Data Privacy Act of 2012
Under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, visitors of this site shall have reasonable access to, upon demand, of the following information:
- a. Contents of his or her personal information that were processed;
- b. Sources from which personal information were obtained;
- c. Names and addresses of recipients of the personal information;
- d. Manner by which such data were processed;
- e. Reasons for the disclosure of the personal information to recipients;
- f. Information on automated processes where the data will or likely to be made as the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting or will affect the data subject;
- g. Date when his or her personal information concerning the data subject were last accessed and modified; and
- h. The designation, or name or identity and address of the personal information controller;
17. SMS Users
For customers who agreed to SMS messaging from us, you will receive a minimum of four SMS messages. Although all LGE alerts and promotions are complimentary, Message & Data rates may apply. Depending on your text plan, you may be charged by your carrier. By enrolling in the service, you certify that you are over 18 years of age and (a) you are the account holder or (b) you have the account holder's permission to do so. Content is not available on all carriers: The Service is available Globe, Smart and Sun Cellular SMS Messaging is not compatible with all cell phone models. As mobile access and text message delivery is subject to your mobile carrier network availability, such access and delivery is not guaranteed. LGE is not responsible for any delays upon sending or receiving text messages. You may opt out of text delivery at any time by texting STOP.
We will process your un-subscription as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the un-subscription is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email.
18. Contacting LGE
All information you provide in any written communication will also be covered by this policy.