Dried Cherry Scones
Scones can be sublime when cream-rich dough is studded with the sweet tang of dried cherries.
Serves: MAKES 10 SCONES
- Dried Cherries
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups heavy cream
Sugar Glaze Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1. Cut two 10-inch circles of parchment paper. Use one to line a 10-inch round cake pan.
2. Reserve the second piece.
3. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into a mixing bowl.
4. Add the dried cherries and toss them together with the dry ingredients until evenly distributed.
5. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
6. Add the cream to the flour mixture and stir by hand just until the batter is evenly moistened
7. Place the dough into the lined cake pan and press into an even layer.
8. Cover the dough with the second parchment paper circle.
9. Freeze the dough until very firm, at least 12 hours.
10. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
11. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it lightly with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
12. Thaw the dough for 5 minutes at room temperature; turn it out of the cake pan onto a cutting board.
13. Cut the dough into 10 equal wedges and place the individual wedges on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
14. Bake the scones until golden brown, 35 minutes.
15. Cool the scones on the pans for a few minutes then transfer to cooling racks.
16. Mix the milk and confectioners’ sugar together to make a glaze if desired and spoon over the scones while they are still warm.
17. Serve scones warm or at room temperature.
18. Serve baked scones the same day they are made or freeze for up to 4 weeks.
LG PRODUCTS HELP YOU COOK IN STYLE