Fig Jam Palmiers
Palmiers are made from store bought puff pastry. These delightful treats will enhance your holiday entertaining.
Time Estimate: 1 hour
Special Requirements: Rolling Pin
Serves: 2 cups
- Fig Jam 1 Jar
- All Butter Frozen Puff Pastry 1 Package
1. Thaw the puff pastry in your refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. Unroll the thawed puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface.
3. Spread an even and thin layer of the fig jam over the dough, about 1/8 inch thick.
4. Fold the bottom dough towards the center of the puff pastry and repeat with top dough.
5. Fold the bottom and top of dough like closing a book.
6. Press with the rolling to hold them together.
7. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes
8. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
9. Line two jelly roll pans with parchement paper.
10. Slice the puff pastry with a sharp knife about 1/4 inch thick.
11. Place the palmiers on the baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
12. Bake until golden brown, aprroximately 10-15 minutes.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The unbaked palmiers can be made in advance and placed in your freezer. Thaw for 24 hours before slicing and baking them off.