You can select whether to enable or disable auto-sync and select options for how to interact with mobile hotspots.
From the Home screen, tap the Apps > Settings > Mobile data
Tap the Mobile data switch to enable mobile data.
Checkmark Limit mobile data usage which allows you to set a limit for mobile data usage on the device. Once the limit is reached, your mobile data connection is disabled and you will receive a notification.
Tap the drop down box next to Data usage cycle and tap Change cycle. Select the date range that you want to display in the graph below.
In Mobile data you can adjust the following:
- Mobile Data Usage Graph - Use to set and monitor your data usage.
- Orange horizontal slider bar - Use this to set the usage warning level. When the device reaches this level, you will see a usage warning.
- Red horizontal slider bar - Use this to set when the mobile data connection is disabled. Limit mobile data usage option must be enabled to adjust this slider bar.
- Blue vertical slider bar - Use these to adjust the date usage range. All applications using mobile data within the given date range are displayed. This allows you to narrow down which applications used data during a given usage period.
Tap an application to get a detailed usage view during the same Data usage cycle as well as additional usage information and options as follows.
- Detailed usage graph - You can adjust the Data usage cycle and Blue vertical slider bar to measure usage during a given usage period.
- Foreground and Background - Shows usage stats within the period defined by Blue vertical slider bar.
Tap the Menu key and choose from the following:
- Data roaming when checkmarked this allows your device to use other networks than your service provider. Using data roaming can result in extra fees being incurred. Check with your service provide for more details.
- Restrict background data when checkmarked (icon) this will restrict applications from using mobile data in the background.
- Auto-sync data turn this feature off to conserve data and battery usage. You will need to sync each account manually to get the most recent information. When enabled, any changes you make to your accounts on the web will be automatically copied to your phone based on the sync cycle you have set for the individual accounts. To choose what to sync within each account, go to Settings > Accounts & Sync
- Show Wi-Fi usage allows you to see the Wi-Fi usage on a tab, similar to mobile data.
- Mobile hotspots help you to limit mobile data usage when connected to specific Wi-Fi networks. Checkmark (icon) the Wi-Fi networks you would like to restrict from using background data. Apps may also warn before using these networks for large downloads.