LG Debuts Latest Trends in Mobile Broadcast at 3GSM World Congress 2006
Unveils the World's Slimmest 5 Mega-Pixel Digital Camera PhoneUnveils the World's Slimmest 5 Mega-Pixel Digital Camera Phone
LG Electronics (LG), a pioneer in consumer electronics and telecommunications, showcases its latest developments in mobile broadcast technology, including HSDPA, DVB-H, MediaFLO and terrestrial and satellite DMB as it solidifies its global leadership at the 3GSM World Congress 2006 in Barcelona, Spain. The showcase also includes 3G & GSM Line-ups and music phonesunveiled the world's slimmest GSM 5 mega-pixel handset today at the 3GSM World Congress 2006.
The KG920 handset is super slim at just 18mm wide and adopts an innovative 'Twist and Slim' design that features a real digital camera, which allows users to rotate the camera 180 degrees to take self portraits. The world's thinnest handset incorporates an auto focus CCD camera and a 2-inch QVGA LCD screen for VGA-level video at 30 fps (frames per second). The handset also features a strobe flash, which makes shooting at a distance of 1.5-meters possible. It has also has other useful functions such as Bluetooth, MP3, USB port and Mini SD Memory.
Its presence at the 3GSM World Congress 2006, which runs from February 13 - 16, signifies the next stage for LG towards becoming the mobile technology leader. Under the theme, "World Best Technology Leader," LG is defining its stature as the leader of mobile broadcast and next generation technology. LG will present an array of striking mobile phones with revolutionary technical features and sophisticated designs. Highlights of its participation at the 3GSM World Congress 2006 include:
- V9000: Compatible with both T-DMB and DAB (Eureka-147), LG-V9000 is the definite all-in-one multimedia device. With its unique wide-swing screen, users can watch TV programs for up to three hours consecutively and can even record programs for up to one hour. Utilizing LG's own DAB/DMB receiving and AV decoding chip, this model provides perfect picture quality on a high-resolution screen. This phone also features a 3D surround sound system, mega-pixel AF CMOS camera, MP3, TV capture and Bluetooth.
- U8500/U880/U880 Roberto Cavalli Edition: The handset is the world's slimmest 3G music clamshell phone (As of the end of 2005) with a thickness of 18.2mm. The model features user memory with a twenty MP3 song capacity, buttons on the outside for easy control of the MP3 player function, video calling and a 1.3 mega-pixel camera. The U880 Roberto Cavalli Edition is exclusively Roberto Cavalli designed with the unique animal pattern of the well-known Italian fashion brand.
- KG920, the world's slimmest GSM 5 mega-pixel handset is super slim at just 18mm. It adopts an innovative Twist & Slim design that features a real digital camera. This world's thinnest handset incorporates an auto focus CCD camera and a 2-inch QVGA LCD screen for VGA-level video at 30 fps (frames per second). Strengthening this camera function is a strobe flash, half-shutter and lens cover.
At the 3GSM World Congress 2006, confirming its initiative in mobile broadcast technology, LG plans to demonstrate DVB-H phones, HSDPA phones, MediaFLO phone, terrestrial and satellite DMB phones. The DMB phone allows users to watch TV anywhere, anytime. The company will also demonstrate Visual Caller ID, UMA (Unlicensed Mobile Access) and PoC (Push to talk over Cellular).
Mr. Mun-hwa Park, President &and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company, will participate in the morning keynote session on February 16th. Mr. Park, as the first keynote speaker, will talk about the evolution of 3G technology in the session titled said
LG plans to launch the handset in Europe and former Soviet-bloc markets during the first half of this year.
"The KG920 Evolution of 3G - Where Do We Go Next GSM 5 mega-pixel handset is very special for many reasons not only because it is the world's slimmest mobile phone. This model outperforms even the latest digital cameras available in the market and its minimalist look appeals to the sensibility of Europeans," Mr. Park said. "LG will launch a series of innovative mobile phones, including the KG920, in Europe this year."
The 3GSM World Congress is the world's leading mobile communications conference & exhibition that attracted over 680 exhibitors, 33,800 visitors and 1,200 media from 171 countries in 2005. Worldwide leaders from the mobile telecommunications and wireless industry will once again be in Barcelona, Spain, for 3GSM World Congress 2006.
"LG will establish its reputation as the undisputed leader in the mobile industry globally at the 3GSM World Congress 2006. The European market is experiencing rapid growth in the demand for products with the latest technology and developments, making it a vital market for mobile phones," said Mr. Park.
"The unrivalled leader in mobile technology, LG leads mobile broadcasting. With technological innovation, LG offers a fun, dynamic and interactive experience to customers who are eager for enriched content and their own mobile media. This exhibition is the springboard that will provide LG with the perfect opportunity to introduce the mobile broadcast technologies of the future to our European consumers."
LG Electronics' Presence at 3GSM World Congress 2006, Barcelona, Spain: "World's Best Technology Leader"
- Booth Size: 154 sqm
- Booth Location: Hall 8 #A 01, Fira de Barcelona, Spain
- Booth Displays & Highlighted Products:
- Mobile Broadcast (HSDPA, DVB-H, MediaFLO, TDMB, SDMB): SB120 / SB130 / LD1200 / V9000 / DVB-H phone / HSDPA phone / MediaFLO phone
- Design Collection: U880 Roberto Cavalli
- Play & Take (Entertainment): LP5500 / SV360 / SV900 / LP4100 / KP3400 / KP4700
- 3G Phone: U880 / U8500 / U880 Roberto Cavalli Edition / U8550 / KU400 / KU405
- GSM Phone: KG920 / P7200 / KG240 / KG245 / KG241 / KG220 / KG225 / KG221 / S5100 / S5200
- Extreme Access (Accessories): Bluetooth Stereo Headset, Bluetooth Pen Shaped device, Bluetooth Speaker Phone, Portable Stereo Speaker, Mobile Charger