New LG Cosmos Gives Customers the Universe with Slide-Out QWERTY Keyboard, Built-in Social Networking Features and More
BASKING RIDGE, N.J.; SAN DIEGO; and LAS VEGAS – From CTIA WIRELESS 2010®, Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones) announced LG Cosmos™ will be available on March 25 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. Equipped with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard for easy text messaging and built-in social networking tools and features, LG Cosmos allows customers to keep their friends in the know while keeping up with life on the go.
• Compact, friendly and stylish candy bar phone with a rounded shape and metallic finish
• Web-based e-mail, instant messaging and chat
• Text, picture and voice messaging
• One-touch speaker phone
• Speaker-independent voice commands, including Call, Send Msg To, Go To, Check, Contacts, Search, Redial, My Verizon and Help
• Voice clarity – Auto adjust voice clarity based on surrounding noise level
• Bluetooth® 2.1 capabilities with support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, phonebook access and object push
• Send calendar events, contact information and print photos via Bluetooth
• Dedicated favorites shortcut keys for up to 10 contacts
• Micro USB charging port
• USB charging via computer
• GPS support for enhanced location accuracy
• Access to Twitter, Facebook®, MySpace and other social networking sites
• 1.3 megapixel camera that includes:
o Three different resolutions
o Zoom up to 2.0 times
o Noise reduction to improve image quality in low-light environments
o Image editor that allows users to zoom, rotate and crop any picture
o Insta-uploading of pictures directly to online albums and Facebook
o Customizable shutter/cue sound, brightness, white balance, color effects, photometry, self-timer and night mode
Pricing and availability:
• LG Cosmos will be available on Thursday, March 25, online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores for $29.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
• For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
# # #
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of LG Cosmos in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2009 global sales of USD43.4 billion, LG is comprised of five business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is the world’s leading producer of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula One™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lgusa.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communication and information company. LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world with its cutting-edge technology and innovative handset design capabilities. Increasingly, LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products. LG will continue to take leadership in the mobile communication environment with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lgmobilephones.com.
Brenda Boyd Raney
LG MobileComm U.S.A., Inc.
LG-One from LG Mobile Phones