Here are great ways to stream all of your music, videos and photos from the comfort of your own sofa. With Smart Share or Wi-Fi Direct™, send all of your favorite multimedia content from your PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone or USB device directly to your TV via your Blu-ray Player.
Find your answers below:
PLAY FILES FROM A COMPUTER WITH SMART SHARE
PLAY FILES FROM A TABLET OR MOBILE DEVICE WITH SMART SHARE
Connect to the same network.
In order to play the video from tablet or mobile phone on your TV, you need to first connect your mobile device to the same WiFi network your Blu-ray Player is on.
If you do not have a wired or wireless network, see how to connect your devices via Wi-Fi-Direct™.
Activate the Smart Share option on your device.
Then you need to activate the Smart Share option on your phone or tablet and on your Blu-ray Player.
On your device, you need to select the app that you want to share via Smart Share.
- To function, you need a smartphone that has Smart Share.
- Refer to the smartphone's manual to use the Smart Share function.
PLAY FILES FROM A CD OR USB DEVICE WITH SMART SHARE
This player can play video, audio and photo files contained on a CD or USB device.
- 1. Insert a data disc in the disc slot or connect a USB device.
File loading may take a few minutes depending on the amount of content stored in the USB storage device.
With your Blu-ray Player remote:
- 2. Press HOME.
- 3. Select SMART SHARE and press ENTER or WHEEL.
- 4. Select the desired linked device in the category.
- 5. Select MOVIE, PHOTO or MUSIC.
- 6. Select a file and press PLAY or ENTER or WHEEL.
- Some USB devices may not work with this unit.
- Digital camera and mobile phone are not supported.
PLAY FILES FROM A WI-FI DIRECT™ CERTIFIED DEVICE
For when you don't have a Wi-Fi network.
Wi-Fi Direct™ allows devices to connect directly to each other, without the need for a Wi-Fi access point. This player can play movie, music and photo files located in a Wi-Fi Direct™ certified device.
On your mobile device:
- 1. Start the Wi-Fi-Direct™ function.
- 2. Run the DLNA app on the device.
On your Blu-ray Player:
- 3. Select NETWORK option in the SETTINGS menu, then press WHEEL.
- 4. Select WI-FI DIRECT option, and press WHEEL.
- 5. Select a Wi-Fi-Direct™ device on the list using WHEEL.
The Wi-Fi Direct™ connection will proceed. Follow the procedure on the screen.
To select a server from the device list, files or folders must be shared by the DLNA server from the connected Wi-Fi Direct™ device.
- 6. Select MOVIE, PHOTO or MUSIC and press WHEEL.
- 7. Select a file and press WHEEL to play the file.
DOWNLOAD SPECIAL CONTENT WITH YOUR BD/DVD
BD-Live downloadable featurettes, quizzes, and movie trailers
A Blu-ray disc supporting BD-Live for Smart Blu-ray Players utilizes your Internet connection and allows you to download additional content.
- Check your network connection.
- Insert a USB storage device in the USB port on the front panel. (A USB storage device is needed to download bonus content.)
- Press HOME and set the BD-LIVE CONNECTION option on the SETTINGS menu.
- Insert a BD-ROM with BD-Live.
- The operations may differ depending on the disc. Refer to the manual supplied with the disc.