Rated 3 out of
Mixed Bag- wait for the next generation
I bought this computer 2 years ago. It started strong but now is a very mixed bag.
- 16 gigs of RAM runs multiple applications, Chrome windows, and an emulator with no issue. I code a bit and it runs everything I write without delay.
- Display: Colors are great, would like to be able to dim the brightness more but it's good.
- Keyboard: Keys, trackpad, and backlight are great.
- Memory is good, haven't hit a space issue yet and I have a lot of files. Speed hasn't deteriorated at all.
- Touch screen and pen are great.
- 10hr battery life, gone down a bit but I've never had it die on me.
- Super light-weight
- Basically every selling point is true except the military-grade casing.
- It's been stuck in rotation lock through multiple Windows updates. I've tried everything but no dice.
- The fans are always on, from boot up to shut down. I'm going to have to buy a cooling mat.
- Speakers are not good and the GPU sputters on games, but I knew that when I bought the computer so it wasn't a surprise, but still.
- Screen between hinges bends when pushed.
But the real problem is a hardware weak spot in the center-back of the bottom. If it gets bumped AT ALL, it glitches out very badly: the display gets covered in black, pink, and green lines, the screen, keyboard, and mouse freeze, and sometimes it makes the most horrible grinding/alarm combination noise that you've ever heard. Usually this is fixable with a shut down and reboot, but one time it wasn't and I had to wait 10 hours for the battery to die and then restart it minimum 10 times to get all the lines to go away. Best Buy couldn't fix it, LG just said to replace it. This is a giant issue and until it is addressed, I wouldn't buy this.
Overall, it's a great concept but the hardware issues are too risky. The product line seems promising and I will definitely consider buying the next one, but until they make the chassis stronger I can't advise buying this one.
I know that this is discontinued, so to any LG staff reading this: I've attached a picture of the worst computer glitch I have ever seen (it was making sounds like a radiator when I took the photo). Please fix this in a future model.
Date published: 2021-09-16
Rated 4 out of
on Average it's good
it is a super lightweight laptop and the 2 in 1 feature is useful for me since I'm a student and also it is powerful in non-graphicscard related intensive tasks (e.g. coding in heavy environments like android studio)
things that LG can work on them in my opinion are :
1.Speakers : they are relatively weak compared to competitors and the body has enough space for a bigger better speaker
2. pen : writing and drawing experience is not smooth and pleasurable compared to some other products and a place for attaching your pen would be useful
3. a feature like "reduce the white point" in apple products is super useful in this computer since it can be used for reading especially in tablet mode .
and also it was based on my 1-year experience
Date published: 2020-12-16
Rated 2 out of
i bought this laptop because i have owned so many lg laptops and electronics. boy was this one a mistake. first no wacom pen in box. they said they wil not send a new one. second, cust service is so bad now a days. third, this thing is super slow , fourth, the brightness dropped 30 % in first 3 months. screen flickers when you go from computer to tablet mode. i would not buy again.
Date published: 2020-10-11