There are many ways to set up your Audio system, one of the most common ones is using an optical cable.
- Place your Audio device close enough to the TV you are connecting.
- Locate your optical cable.
- Align the 3 flat sites of the cable with the Audio device and insert the cable.
- Align the 3 flat sites of the cable with the TV and insert the cable.
Note:The optical cable has 3 flat sides and one rounded side.
Note:The optical cable port may be protected by a spring loaded door or a removable plastic plug.
On the TV, you may need to set the sound out. If you have an LG TV this is covered on Step 1 and 2, if you have a different manufacturer's TV, please check its manual for more information.
- On your TV, press the home key > Settings > Advanced
- Click Sound > Sound Out > Optical.
- On your Audio device, ensure the mode is set to Optical.
Auto Set up
If you are struggling with the set up manually, LG TV's have a program that walks you step by step.
- Ensure the Audio device is not muted.
- Ensure the volume is turned up.
- Try another movie or a different app.
- Ensure the TV sound out setting is changed to optical.
- Ensure the Audio device sound mode is changed to optical.
- Try a different optical cable.
- If you are using a streaming app such as Netflix or Hulu from the TV.
- In the app select Settings for audio > select the preferred audio option.
Not getting 5.1 surround?