B8 vs. E8
With important details on the differences between the two, you can decide which TV is right for you.
When it comes to television, there's no single solution that's perfect for everyone. Which is why we work to develop televisions in a wide range of styles and sizes—and with a variety of unique features. And although many of them may look similar, and they may, in fact, be similar—every television in our collection delivers a unique experience.
Take, for instance, the LG B8 vs. E8. They both feature sleek, modern, high-end designs—and state-of-the-art OLED technology, with brighter, self-illuminating pixels that truly deliver the Best. Picture. Ever*. But they also offer viewers a slightly different experience, and you may prefer one over the other. So, let's take a deeper dive into what makes these two incredible televisions tick.
LG OLED B8
• Display: 4K Ultra HD. Available in 55- and 65-inch displays
• Processor: a7 Intelligent Processor
• Premium Content Choices: Supports major high dynamic range formats, including Advanced HDR by Technicolor®, Dolby Vision™* HDR from the cinema, plus HDR10 and HLG – both with advanced tone-mapping technology for scene-by-scene optimization.
• Smart Technology: AI ThinQ® has the Google Assistant built in, making it easy to control compatible smart home devices using just your voice. The LG B8 is also compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices.
• Integrated Sound System: With a Dolby Atmos* 2.2 channel, 40W speaker system, you'll get detailed, immersive sound directly from your television.
LG OLED E8
• Display: 4K Ultra HD Picture-on-Glass design. Available in 55- and 65-inch displays
• Processor: a9 Intelligent Processor
• Premium Content Choices: Supports all current high dynamic range formats, including Advanced HDR by Technicolor®, Dolby Vision™ HDR from the cinema, as well as HDR10 and HLG (both with advanced tone-mapping technology for seamless scene-by-scene optimization.)
• Smart Technology: AI ThinQ® with built-in Google Assistant allows you to control a wide range of compatible smart devices. The LG E8 is also compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices.
• Integrated Sound System: The E8 features a Dolby Atmos 4.2 channel 60W speaker – delivering booming sound and nuanced notes – making it easy to immerse yourself in the action without the need for additional speakers.
As you can see—the similarities are significant, but the differences can impact your viewing experience in ways small and large. For starters, in the LG E8 vs. B8 comparison, you'll see that the processors are different. While the E8 boasts the a9, the B8 uses the a7. And while they both perform beautifully, the a9 is simply more powerful. And because it's more powerful, the a9 is capable of using a more nuanced four-step noise-reduction process which, ultimately, improves image clarity. The B8 does, of course, deliver an incredible picture, but for the die-hard home entertainment fan, the E8 may be the right fit.
Along with using different processors, the B8 and the E8 also have different displays. Whereas the B8 boasts a slim, yet conventional, 4K Ultra HD display that gives you breathtaking images, the E8 gives you a stunning Picture-on-Glass experience. Featuring an OLED film on an impossibly slender glass display, the E8's images appear to float in the air. And when the television is off, it virtually blends in with its surroundings. In addition, the televisions each deliver a unique sound experience. The B8 has a Dolby Atmos 2.2 channel, 40W system that can stand on its own or be enhanced by a Soundbar or additional speakers. However, with the E8's Dolby Atmos 4.2 channel, 60W speaker, the sound is so immersive that enhancing it further may not be necessary.
Shop LG OLED TVs
LG OLED TV is available in range of sizes, curved screen or flat, Full HD or state-of-the-art 4K Ultra HD. Let’s find the right one for you.
SHOP ALL OLED TVs