LG's TV warranty covers the product in the event of a defect in materials or workmanship. If the manufacturer agrees that there is a defect and said defect was reported within the allowed time period – from when the television was purchased – it will either repair your product with new or refurbished parts, or replace it with a new or refurbished product. That decision is made by the manufacturer at its own discretion. You will also need to present your original receipt or proof a purchase to validate the date of purchase.As detailed in LG's Limited Warranty for TVs that also includes the LG E7 OLED 4K HDR Smart TV - 55" Class (54.6" Diag), Model # OLED55E7P, the TV will be "repaired or replaced, at LG’s option, if it proves to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use, during the warranty period ("Warranty Period") listed below, effective from the date ("Date of Purchase") of original consumer purchase of the unit. This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the unit and effective only when used in the United States, excluding U.S. Territories." The Limited Warranty does not apply to:
• damage caused in shipping or transit
• service required as a result of improper installation, including
Incorrect or insufficient AC Supply (please consult the owner’s manual for power supply requirements).
• installation or repair of antenna systems, cable converters, cable Company supplied equipment, or other components in a video system
• set-up or adjustment on consumer controls, or damage caused by improper adjustments
• damage caused by other system components
• any unit that has been Modified or incorporated into any other unit.
• replacement of batteries on the remote control
• damage (including cosmetic damage), failure, loss or personal injury due to misuse, abuse, negligence, improper maintenance or storage, or to acts of nature or other causes beyond our control. (Causes beyond our control include but are not limited to lightning strike, power surges, power outages and water damage.)
• image burn-in or image retention
• repair or replacement of warranted parts by other than an LG authorized Service centers.
• units purchased or serviced outside of the U.S.A.
• units where the original factory serial numbers have been removed, defaced or changed in any way.
• units sold and labeled as “as is, where is” or similar disclaimer.
In summary, the warranty does not cover anything that is not the fault of the manufacturer or is to be expected under normal usage...^IFV
Date published: 2017-11-27