A new approach to traditional Southern cuisine, enjoy shrimp and grits with a Spanish twist!
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
Serves: MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Main Ingredients: Grits
- 1 c chicken stock or water
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c medium or coarse ground polenta (grits)
- 1/2 t salt
Main Ingredients: Romesco Sauce
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/4 c cashews
- 1/3 to 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2t smoked paprika
- 4-5 green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt, to taste
Main Ingredients: Shrimp
- 1t butter
- 8 jumbo, head-on shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/4t salt
- Pepper, to taste
1. Bring stock/water and milk to a boil over medium high heat in a large sauce pan.
2. Add polenta, stirring continuously until the liquid comes back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low.
3. Cook grits for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally, until the grits are tender.
1. Place peppers over your largest (gas) burner and char the outside on all sides. Once evenly charred, immediately transfer to a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Using a chef’s knife, gently scrape the charred skin of the peppers away from the flesh. Place the flesh into the bowl of your food processor along with garlic, green onions, paprika and cashews. Turn to high and let process 15-20 seconds.
3. Turn food processor to low, then slowly drizzle in olive oil.
4. Add salt to taste if necessary.
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Season shrimp, then add to pan, sautéing on each side for 1 ½ -2 minutes per side.
3. After flipping shrimp, use tongs to press down on heads to release juices.
4. Serve over grits and top with Romesco sauce.
LG PRODUCTS HELP YOU COOK IN STYLE