Touchscreen does not respond correctly
Users directly control the touchscreen with their hands and the level of deterioration or following errors may vary.
1. Sweat, dust, cosmetic products, and moisture can cause touch errors.
2. Phone may not respond to touch or slow to respond when apps that need very high CPU are run.
3. Products with capacitive touch sensor system consist of fine electrical circuits, and
they can malfunction because of static electricity or humidity.
- When an icon on LCD screen is too small, the place the user touches may be different from where the phone recognizes.
Accuracy is also low around the edges of the screen due to the structure of touch panel, leading to a wrong response.
4. Buttons can be pressed in a pocket by body movements.
5. Use of third parties’ chargers can cause malfunction during charging due to power noise as
they tend to use low-priced and low-quality parts.
6. Please use protective films manufactured by LG to avoid errors and failures.
7. Be careful not to place the phone near conductible objects such as keys, coins, necklaces, and watches.
Keep away water from the product.
8. Do not block the proximity sensor with a hand during a call.
How to fix
Do not cover the proximity sensor with a protective film, a pouch, or a cover not produced by LG.
It may cause errors.
- For phones with capacitive touch sensor system (Without pens)
Please use protective films produced by LG.
If the problem is not resolved, please call LG Support representative on 1800-180 -9999 (Toll Free)
or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this informational video.