- What information LGE may obtain from you;
- How LGE uses the information that it obtains;
- When LGE shares information with others; and
- How you may control LGE’s use and sharing of the information.
2. What information does LGE obtain?
LGE will collect the following information: location information pertaining to the mobile retail store nearest to you at the time of activation (“Activation Information”). The information is collected for the purposes of better meeting demand in your country, supporting customer care operations or any other product support services that may be essential to you.
3. How will LGE use the Activation Information it obtains?
We use information obtained from you for various purposes, including:
- To analyze, review and improve the products and services we offer; and
- To allocate product specialists according to geographical distribution of the products.
4. Information Sharing
We generally, do not share with third parties the Activation Information. Nevertheless, please be aware of the following circumstances where we may share such information with the following entities:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. LGE may share the Activation Information with its affiliates and subsidiaries around the world only so long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. The term ‘affiliates’ or ‘subsidiaries’ refers to group companies who may be using LG name or who has common ownership or control such as LG CNS or LG Electronics U.S.A.,INC.("LGEUS");
- Third Party Service Providers. To third party vendors that LGE may engage to provide services on its behalf from time to time, such as to fulfill customer service requests;
- Other Parties When Required by Law. As required by court order or other government or law enforcement authorities in order to comply with legal process or law;
- Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions. In connection with a corporate event, such as a merger or sale of all or part of LGE’s business (including that of a division or subsidiary), where LGE may need to disclose information to a potential buyer and its professional advisers;
- Other Parties When it is Necessary to Protect Our Service. In order to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- Other Parties When it is to Protect Any of Our Users’ Personal Safety or Property. In order to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
5. Overseas Transfers
We use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of the Activation Information. Nevertheless, due to the design of the Internet, ever-changing technology, and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties or that we will not be subject to security breaches. We do not accept any responsibility for the disclosure of the Activation Information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized or unlawful acts of third parties.
8. Accessing Information
Under the laws of some jurisdictions you may be entitled to request details about the Activation Information LGE collects and to correct inaccuracies in the information or otherwise oppose, for legitimate purposes, the processing of the information. If permitted by laws, a small fee for providing you with such service may be charged. Please note that we may decline to process your requests if they are unreasonably abusive, jeopardize the privacy of others, or are extremely impractical. If you would like to make a request to access information pertaining to the processing of the information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be advised however that Activation Information is only retained for a limited amount of time and may be unavailable if requested.