Is it possible to output TV’s audio by connecting a TV to a speaker?
- This is possible - please see below for how to do so
- Applicable models: LAS650M, LAS750M, LAS950M
1. Optical connection
- Connect the optical cable included in the package to a TV and Sound bar.
- Adjust the TV’s audio output setting; select Optical output speaker. (For TV’s audio output setting, reference your TV users’ manual.)
- Press “FUNC” on the remote control or “F” on the sound bar to change the output setting to Optical mode.
* For LG TV: If you set the sound output to LG Sound Sync(Optical), the sound bar will automatically adapt to LG OPT mode, which enables you to control the volume with a TV remote control. (Please note that it may not work depending on the model you are using.)
2. ARC connection
- Connect the HDMI OUT(TV ARC) on the sound bar to HDMI IN (ARC) on a TV using an HDMI cable.
- Set up the sound output on the TV Setting menu to ARC. (For TV sound output settings, refer to your TV user manual.)
- ARC function will be automatically selected when ARC signal comes in from TV.
* If the device does not output the TV’s audio, check if:
You have connected HDMI cable to HDMI terminal marked (ARC) on TV.
You have connected HDMI cable to HDMI OUT (TV ARC) terminal on the sound bar.
* ARC connection may not operate properly depending on your TV model.
3. LG Sound Sync (Wireless) – LG TV (May not work depending on your TV model)
- Press “FUNC” on the remote control or “F” on the sound bar to change output setting to LG TV mode.
- Adjust output setting to LG Sound Sync (Wireless) on TV setting menu.
(For TV sound output settings and the sound bar connection setting, refer to your TV’s users’ manual.)
▶ It does not support audio output using Wi-Fi connection.