PICTURE PRESET MODE
Picture Mode Options (Smart)
Smart è Settings è Picture Adjust è Picture Mode
Select the picture mode best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type. Each
individual input source can be set to a different picture mode and have TV retain settings in memory.
- Heightens contrast, brightness and sharpness to display vivid images. This mode is best suited for
an incredibly well lit room such as retailers’ showroom.
- Displays images with normal contrast, brightness and sharpness levels.
APS (Automatic Power Saving)
- The Energy Saver feature changes settings on the TV to reduce power consumption. Among its various
settings, it can adapt TV screen settings by monitoring surrounding ambient light through the use of a
color sensor. [Available on some models only]
- Optimizes the screen picture settings for viewing movies.
- Optimizes the screen picture settings for viewing sporting events.
- Optimizes the screen picture settings for playing video games.
- [Available on Ultra HD models only]. This option is optimized for viewing digital photographs. It
displays a smooth rendition of photos while minimizing loss of the original photos’ picture quality.
- This option is generally selected further to having television calibrated by an expert technician and
settings locked in for both Day and Night viewing. On its own it will do very little to satisfy viewers’
thirst for impeccable picture quality. Once expert technician is done calibrating white balance, color
management and fine-tuning picture settings the customized is then locked in under Expert option.
This option then becomes ISF-certified when fine-tuned by ISF-certified technician (ISF logo can only
be used on ISF-certified TV units.)
ISFccc: Imaging Science Foundation Certified Calibration Control.
- Depending on the input signal, picture mode selection availability may vary.
Expert option is for tuning expert calibration resulting in meticulous detailed picture
adjustment on screen and such adjustment may not be noticeable to the naked eye
or be so apparent in low quality resolution video feed.