PROPER COOLING TEMPERATUR E
Refrigerator – Setting ideal temperature
No matter how perfect temperature is set for both refrigerator and freezer compartments there is no accounting for maintaining it as such moment doors get opened and closed frequently.
Same goes for the practice of absentmindedly staring inside the refrigerator for lengthy period of time. Both these practices executed often enough during the course of a day are bound to produce frost buildup inside the refrigerator while giving the impression of weak cooling performance.
Fig. 1 – Example temperature setting range on LG refrigerators.
When either the Refrigerator or Freezer touch button on the control display panel are pressed initially, the display panel lights up indicating targeted temperatures for both respective compartments. With each additional pressing of either touch buttons, the targeted temperature drops by 1 degree down to coldest possible setting then starts back up at warmest setting and keeps toggling through the range with each additional press of the button.
The control panel is on the door.
Press the button to set the temperature of refrigerator and freezer.
3 ℃ → 2 ℃ → 1 ℃ → 7 ℃ → 6 ℃ → 5 ℃ → 4 ℃ → 3 ℃
-20 ℃ → -21 ℃ → -22 ℃ → -23 ℃ → -15 ℃ → -16 ℃ → -17 ℃ → -18 ℃ → -19 ℃ → -20 ℃
※ The design of the control panel, default temperature and temperature range may differ by model.
So, when setting ideal temperature for either compartment, should you accidentally have gone too far down just press the button the number of times it will take to bring it back up. Moment you hit coldest temperature setting, the next press of the button will bring it back up to least coolest temperature for you to start all over.
Refrigerator compartment temperature setting ranges from 8°C down to 1°C while that of the freezer goes from: -13°C down to -21°C on most LG French Door models.
TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS :
1. How often have the doors been opened & closed in the past 24 hours?
2. What is the refrigerator compartment temperature reading on control panel?
3. What is the freezer compartment temperature reading on control panel?
4. Has hot food been recently stored in the refrigerator?
5. Are the doors closing properly? Are there obstructions preventing such?
Opening and closing refrigerator door thirty (30) times during the course of a day is bound to have severe adverse effect on the refrigerator’s ability to properly cool.
• To change the temperature mode from °F to °C (or vice versa) press and hold the Refrigerator and Freezer buttons simultaneously for approximately five seconds. The temperature indicator on the display window switches between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
IDEAL RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE SETTINGS:
Refrigerator compartment: 5°C (41°F)
Freezer compartment: -18