LG BACKUP APP FUNCTIONALITY
LG phone backup data application overview
LG Backup app overview
LG Backup app allows users to transfer data from a previous device to their new G4 smartphone
or backup data from the G4. It is designed for Android OS and can download from Google Play
Store for those devices not featuring it as a pre-installed app.
With LG Backup app, you can send data directly wirelessly from a phone to another or back up
data to an SD card to move to a new device.
Sending / receiving data between a phone and LG G4
2. Send data to your new device > Copy data > Start
3. Run LG backup on your G4 or go to Settings ▶ General ▶ Backup & reset ▶ LG backup service
4. Select Copy data to new device ▶ Receive data ▶ Start
5. Select items to copy from your old device ▶ Click Next ▶ Complete
6. Save the data when you received all data on your LG G4 to complete.
Backing up data from a phone
3. Select the items to back up and tap Start.
4. Data from your Google account will be not backed up.
5. The back up file will be saved in *.lbf format in LGBackup folder in the SD card or internal
6. When you initialize your phone, back up files in the internal storage can be deleted. We
recommend you to copy backup files in LGBackup folder to your PC to prevent any data loss.
Restoring data on G4 smartphone
1. Insert the SD card containing backup data into your G4.
2. Run LG Backup app or go to Settings > General > Backup & Initialize > LG Backup
3. Go to Backup and Restore > Restore from backup > Choose a backup file in the SD card >
Read details and select items. Tap next. Read caution and you are done. Restart your phone.
If you experience difficulties making backups from your phone, please contact the LG Customer
Service Call Interaction Centre at 1-888-542-2623.