MIRACAST™ FEATURE OVERVIEW
Synchronizing phone to TV via Miracast™
■ Video and audio from a smartphone can be synchronized over to a television screen through
Miracast™, Miracast™ dongle, or Chromecast dongle.
■ Miracast™, which transmits a display signal wirelessly, is a new official certification standard.
Full HD contents can be reliably displayed on larger screens from mobile devices via wireless
transmission outside the home network with low latency and high security.
- Popularization of wireless display technology followed by increase in smart mobile devices.
- Necessity of direct wireless connection between TV and mobile devices such as smart
phones, smart pads, and PCs due to increase in number of screen users.
2. Definition of Miracast™:
- Wireless display technology released by a global standard Information & Technology
organization: Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Wi-Fi Direct based technology that communicates between devices without going through
an AP (access point) router for Wi-Fi.
How to setup
1. Turn Miracast™ on your TV. If you don’t have it, connect Miracast™ dongle or Chromecast
dongle to your TV.
2. Turn Miracast™ on your phone, and select TV, Miracast™ dongle, or Chromecast dongle from
the list of connectable devices.
Menu > Settings > Networks > Share & Connect > Miracast “ON” or Miracast “ON” from
※ You can purchase Miracast™ dongle from the online LG app store. Please check compatibility
with your device before purchasing.