We collect two types of information from visitors to this website: (1) Personally Identifiable Information; and (2) Non- Personally Identifiable Information, such as your IP address or cookies.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
"Non-Personally Identifiable Information" can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, location, gender or interests. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personally identifiable information that is collected via this website:
Internet Protocol (IP) address -- Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data -- such as the web pages you view.
Cookie -- We may use a variety of methods, including "cookies" to collect information.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at:http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
The cookies used on our Sites and/or Services have been categorized based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on our Sites and/or Services by category is set out below.
Web Beacons. (also known as "clear gifs," "web bugs" or "pixel tags") "Web Beacons" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
LG Electronics collects cookies on our Sites and/or Services to capture information about page visits (e.g. “performance cookies.”) This information is anonymous and LG Electronics uses this information only internally - to deliver the most effective content to our visitors. Information from the cookie is used to gauge page popularity, analyze traffic patterns on our Sites and/or Services and guide development of other improvements to our Sites and/or Services.
Targeting, Performance, and Functionality Cookies
In our email programs, LG Electronics employs some tracking methods (e.g. “targeting, performance, and functionality cookies”). We track “opens” via a tracking pixel in the email- meaning we track who opens our e-mail messages and when you open our e-mail messages; and we track “clicks” via encoded URLs-meaning we track whether you click on the links contained in our e-mail messages. This information is used internally only to help us deliver relevant messaging, and is not shared with any third parties.
Functionality and Necessary Cookies
User Opt-In and Opt-Out
LG Electronics licenses technology to serve advertisements on other Sites and within its content as that content is served across the Internet. In addition, LG Electronics may use third party network advertisers to serve advertisements and third party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of the Sites and viewing of our content. We do not share Personal Data with these third parties, but ad network providers, the advertisers, the sponsors, and/or analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to data about you, including usage data. Third parties that provide marketing programs on LG Electronics’ behalf are responsible for maintaining both cookie opt-in and opt-out functionality. We and our network advertisers may target advertisements for products and services in which you might be interested based on your visits to both the Sites and other web sites subject to your prior opt-in if and when required by the applicable laws.
If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising any longer, you can opt out of some network advertising programs that use your Personal Data. To do so please visit the NAI Opt-Out Page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Please note that even if you choose to remove your Personal Data (opt out), you might still see advertisements while you're browsing online.
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email or text message. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional. However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on this website or if you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information with third parties. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box if such checkbox is available at the points where personally identifiable information is collected or by contacting us. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email.
How will LGEIL use the information it obtain?
We use your information that is collected through the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- • To deliver or provide the service;
- • To provide customer service;
- • To alert you of special offers, updated information, other new products or service, or to forward promotional materials to you;
- • To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- • To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- • To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- • To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- • To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites;
- • To allow you to upload content or to add a comment to the Sites;
- • To contact you in response to sign up forms such as “Contact Us” or other inquiries.
- • to analyze, review, and improve the products or service we offer;
- • to understand how customers are using the Sites
- • to develop new products and service we offer;
- • to provide you with a user-friendly navigation experience;
- • to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- • to comply with regulatory requirements;
- • for marketing; and
for internal record keeping
LG Electronics never gives away information about our users. If you choose to provide Personal Information about yourself, LG Electronics will use this information only to communicate directly with you. LG Electronics will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose that information to third parties unless such disclosure is necessary for the purposes set forth in this Policy, by law or a policy or notice contained or associated with a specific Site(s) and/or Service(s).
- • We generally do not share with third parties the information we receive as a result of you using the Sites. Nevertheless, please be aware of the following circumstances where we may share such information with the following entities
Third Party Service Provider.
- • If you purchase or download an item from a site, we may share your data in order to provide the item to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. In addition, if you purchase a product via the Sites, we may need to share your data with third parties in order to have that product delivered to you and installed as you requested. Also, if you are entering a competition or prize draw, we may use your data in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion.
- • To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on LGEIL's behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the data for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users' data, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us.
If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card)
Other Parties When Required by Law. As required by court order or other government or law enforcement authorities in order to comply with legal process or law;
- • Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions.In connection with a corporate event, such as a merger or sale of all or part of LGEIL business (including that of a division or subsidiary), where LGE may need to disclose information to a potential buyer and its professional advisers;
- • Other Parties When it is Necessary to Protect Our Service.In order to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- • Other Parties When it is to Protect Any of Our Users’ Personal Safety or Property. In order to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public
To strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service. In this case, we may ask your additional consent.
How long will LGE keep my personal Information
We may collect, use, and share (with LG Electronics’ partners, service providers and licensees) precise location data, including the real-time location of your mobile or fixed location device.
We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as Google Analytics and DoubleClick Cookies, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our online Sites and/or Services. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information.
The third party analytics companies who collect information on our Sites and/or Services and other online products and/or services may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online or mobile products and services relating to your activities across their network of websites as well as online and/or mobile products and services. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies
In addition to our use of technologies as described herein, we may permit certain third party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of LG Electronics Sites and/or Services and to otherwise collect and use data about your use of LG Electronics Sites and/or Services. For more information about this practice, please see the "Third Party Advertising Technologies" section below.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page
Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, and Restrictions.