SUBJECT : Dispenser Issues
■ Dispenser Does Not Open Completely
• Do you have a model with an adjustable upper rack?
• Check that the upper rack is positioned and inserted correctly.
If you use tablet type detergents and the top rack is in the lower position, the door may not open fully and the tablet will be unable to fall from the compartment.
• Be sure that no items in the unit are blocking the dispenser before you run a washing program.
■ Detergent Remains After the Cycle Has Finished
• Check the load out of the dishes. Large items, such as a frying pan, can block the water spray from reaching the detergent compartment.
In the case of a liquid or powdered detergent, this may prevent it from dispensing completely.
• Some type of detergents, when mixed with water may turn very thick, like a paste, and stick in the dispenser if the door does not open all the way because of a large item obstructing the dispenser door.
• using of a tablet or packet type detergent to prevent detergent from remaining in the dispenser at the end of the cycle.
■ Dispenser Function Test
• To determine if the dispenser door is being blocked by an item in the unit, run an empty cycle with detergent in the dispenser.
• At the end of the cycle, if the dispenser is empty, the unit is working fine and it was a dish blocking the dispenser door.
• Check dispenser door after half an hour to see if it is opened.