[LG webOS TV] Video Playback Overview
Controlling video playback
You can control
playback and set options while viewing videos.
1) Press and then click at the bottom right side of the screen .
2) Start the SmartShare app.
3) Select Videos from the left hand side.
4) Select the content which you want to view.
● Resumes play of a video you have played back before.
1. Y ou can control basic playback options.
2. You can access the advanced options.
Video playback supporting file
● Maximum data transmission rate:
H.264 1920x1080@60P BP/MP/HP@L4.2 20Mbps
HEVC 1920x1080@60P MP@L4.1, Main10 Profile@L4.1 20Mbps
ULTRA HD Video [For ULTRA HD model only]
H.264 1920x1080@60P 4096x2160@30P BP/MP/HP@L5.1 50Mbps
HEVC 4096x2160@60P MP@L5.1, Main10 Profile@L5.1 50Mbps
● External subtitle format:
*. smi , *. srt , *.sub ( MicroDVD , SubViewer 1.0/2.0), *.ass, *. ssa , *.txt ( TMPlayer ),
*. psb ( PowerDivX ), *. dcs (DLP Cinema)
● Built-in subtitle format:
Full HD Video
1920 x 1080: XSUB (supports built-in subtitles created with DivX6)
[ For ULTRA HD model onlys ULTRA HD Video: No built-in subtitle support
VC-1 Advanced Profile (WMVA excluded), VC-1 Simple and Main Profiles
WMA Standard (WMA v1/WMA Speech excluded), WMA 9 Professional
DivX3.11, DivX4, DivX5, DivX6, XViD (except 3 warp-point GMC), H.264/AVC, Motion Jpeg, MPEG-4
MPEG-1 Layer I, II, MPEG-1 Layer III (MP3), Dolby Digital, LPCM, ADPCM, DTS
H.264/AVC, MPEG-4, HEVC
AAC, MPEG-1 Layer III (MP3)
AAC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264/AVC, VP8, VP9, HEVC
Dolby Digital, PCM, DTS, MPEG-1 Layer I, II, MPEG-1 Layer III (MP3), AAC
H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, HEVC
MPEG-1 Layer I, II, MPEG-1 Layer III (MP3), Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, AAC, PCM
MPEG-1 Layer I, II, MPEG-1 Layer III (MP3)
Dolby Digital, MPEG-1 Layer I, II, DVD-LPCM
Realaudio6(cook), AAC LC, HE-AAC
● Some of these features are available in certain countries only
NOTE: with respect to *.vob file playability, should you experience any issue whatsoever relating to unplayability, please consult following website:
Playing video files - warning
● Some subtitles created by users may not work properly.
● The video and subtitle files should be placed in the same folder.
For subtitles to display correctly, the video and subtitle files must have the same name.
● Subtitles on an NAS (Network Attached Storage) device may not be supported depending on the manufacturer and model.
● We do not support any stream that contains GMC (Global Motion Compensation) or Qpel ( Quarterpel Motion Estimation).
● [ Supports only ULTRA HD models] ULTRA HD Video: 3840 X 2160
ATTENTION : Your ULTRA HD TV may not support HEVC encoded contents that
are not officially supplied by LG.
Unsupported codecs are only available after a software upgrade.
. mkv / .mp4 / .ts
Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, AAC, HE-AAC
● F ile size limit is dependent on the encoding environment.
● W orks only if above is a version of Windows Media Audio V7.
● Does not support AAC Main Profile.
● Video files created by some encoders may not be played back.
● Video files in formats other than the ones specified here may not be played back.
● Playback of video files stored on the USB storage device that do not support High Speed, may not work properly.
● TV supports DTS audio codec when USB/HDMI video file playback offers it.
● The VP9 video codec may not be supported depending on the model.