LGE(Canada) reserves the right to add or remove services (including services from its Websites) and to modify its Services from time to time.
2. What personal information does LGE(Canada) collect?
Personal Information that LGE(Canada) collects may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- • Contact Information (such as name, address, postal code, e-mail address, and telephone number in a non-business capacity);
- • Proof of identity (such as signature or driver’s license number);
- • Financial and Billing information (such as credit card number, expiration date and credit history); and
- • Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, location, education and occupation).
There are a variety of ways that we may collect personal information from you; below is a list of some ways we may collect such information:
- a. If you contact us with a question related to our products or services;
- b. If you purchase our products or a service through our Services. The information we collect may be used to deliver products or service which you have purchased;
- c. In order to provide customer service, personalized service or interactive communication;
- d. We may collect registration details about products or any hardware (including serial number, place of purchase, purchase date) that you purchase, and this information may be tied to your name, phone number, email address and mailing address;
- e. If you download materials from our Websites;
- f. If you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes;
- g. We may collect your first and last name and phone number if you consent to receive autodialed and/or pre-recorded telemarketing messages from or on behalf of us at your mobile number.
- h. We may collect your first and last name and mobile phone number if you consent to receive SMS/MMS messages from or on behalf of us at your mobile number.
- i. When you upload content or add a comment on the Websites; and
- j. When you register for an account using the Services.
We may also receive the following information when you use the Services:
- • Device Information. Device Information may include product code or model number, your IP address, product category or, F/W and S/W information, country code or device Id (MAC Address, UUID, etc.).
- • Usage Information. Usage Information refers to all information collected from the Websites such as what action has been applied to the Websites such as clicking logs or how you may be using the Websites.
- • IP Address.When you use the Websites, we may automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognized by our server.
3. How will LGE use the personal information it collects?
We use your personal information that is collected through your use of the Services primarily for the following purposes:
- • To deliver or provide the service;
- • To provide and administer your account;
- • To provide customer service;
- • To alert you of special offers, updated information, other new products or service, or to forward promotional materials to you;
- • To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- • To fulfill the terms of a promotion or administer our contests and sweepstakes;
- • To ensure the Services are relevant to your needs;
- • To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- • To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Websites;
- • To allow you to upload content or to add a comment to the Websites;
- • To contact you in response to sign up forms such as “Contact Us” or other inquiries.
- • to analyze, review, and improve the products or service we offer;
- • to understand how customers are using the Services
- • to develop new products and service we offer;
- • to provide you with a user-friendly navigation experience;
- • to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- • to comply with regulatory requirements;
- • for marketing; and
- • for internal record keeping.
4. Information Sharing
- • We generally do not share with third parties the personal information we receive as a result of you using the Services. Nevertheless, please be aware of the following circumstances where we may share such personal information with the following entities:
- Third Party Service Provider.
- If you purchase or download an item or service from a Website or other Service, we may share your data with the third party providing the item or service that you purchased or downloaded in order to provide the item to you. In addition, if you purchase a product via the Services, we may need to share your data with third parties in order to have that product delivered to you and installed as you requested.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Services and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, payment processing, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on LGE(Canada)'s behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the data for any purpose other than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Services will have access to users' data, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register, submit or provide any personal information to us.
- For details on the manner in which our third party service providers treat your personal information, contact us as set out below.
- - Other Parties When Required by Law. As required by court order or other government or law enforcement authorities in order to comply with legal process or law;
- - Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions. In connection with a proposed or completed corporate event, such as a merger or sale of all or part of LGE(Canada) business (including that of a division or subsidiary), where LGE(Canada) may need to disclose personal information to a potential buyer and its professional advisers;
- - Other Parties When it is Necessary to Protect Our Service. In order to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- - Other Parties When it is to Protect Any of Our Users’ Personal Safety or Property. In order to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public;
- - To strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. These parties may use your personal information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service. In this case, we may ask your additional consent.
- - Third Party Service Provider.
5. Overseas Transfers
6. How long will LGE (Canada) keep my personal Information?
7. Cookies and other tracking technologies
When you access the Websites, we and our third party partners may use “cookies” – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are stored on your device – and other tracking technologies that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Websites.
Cookies. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Websites. For example, when someone visits a page within a Website, a cookie is placed on the user's machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Website previously. Cookies may also be used to track users across the Web. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users who visit the Websites. Some of the cookies we use may be flash cookies or Adobe cookies. Depending on your browser, these cookies may not be automatically deleted. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Websites.
Web Beacons. (also known as "clear gifs," "web bugs" or "pixel tags") "Web Beacons" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Websites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
8. Opt Out
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email or text message. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Although you may opt out of marketing messages, please note that it is in your interest to ensure that we are able to deliver certain non-marketing-related messages, such as notices of payments, and that we may be required to deliver certain notices to you by law. In addition we may deliver certain marketing-related messages, and in this case, we ask your additional consent.
However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered through the Services or if you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box provided at the points where personal information is collected, or by contacting us using the contact details provided at http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/contact/chat-email/email. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email.
9. Forums, Chat Rooms and other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any product review board, chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you do not want people to know information about you (such as your e-mail address) do not include it in any message you post publicly.
10. Third Party Web Sites
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Websites. The Websites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the information collected via the Services.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect your personal information in our custody or control from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Nevertheless, due to the design of the internet, ever-changing technology, and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties or that LGE(Canada) will not be subject to security breaches. We do not accept any responsibility for the disclosure of personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized or unlawful acts of third parties or your decision to disclose your personal information. You must also take appropriate steps to keep your password confidential and change it regularly.
14. Access to Personal Information
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
15. Contacting LGE(Canada)
LG Electronics Canada, Inc.
20 Norelco Drive, North York, ON M9L 2X6
16. SMS Users
For customers who agreed to SMS messaging from us, you will receive a minimum of four SMS messages. Although all LGE(Canada) alerts and promotions are complimentary, standard Message & Data rates may apply. Depending on your text plan, you may be charged by your carrier. By enrolling in the service, you certify that you are over the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence and (a) you are the account holder or (b) you have the account holder's permission to do so. Content is not available on all carriers. SMS Messaging is not compatible with all cell phone models. As mobile access and text message delivery is subject to your mobile carrier network availability, such access and delivery is not guaranteed. LGE(Canada) is not responsible for any delays upon sending or receiving text messages. You may opt out of text delivery from LGE(Canada) at any time by texting STOP.
LG Product Service and Support
Get your questions answered about product setup, use and care, repair and maintenance issues. We can help.
Canada Live Chat
9am-9pm Monday to Friday (EST)
9am-6pm Saturday and Sunday (EST)
Chat with an LG Support Representative.
Call an LG Support Representative.
Customer Service 1-888-542-2623 (7am-12am EST)
B2B Support Line 1-855-286-2456 (24/7)
Business Solution 1-888-824-6211(8am-5pm EST)