LG Electronics, Inc. is the data controller of your personal information. This is the entity which determines how and why your personal information is processed.
2. Information CollectedWe may collect the following types of information from visitors to the Sites:
(1) Submitted InformationLGE may collect and store the Personal Information that you have provided to us. Below are some examples of the Personal Information we may collect on the Sites:
- We may collect your first and last name, job title, work email address, phone number, comp any name, industrial sector, product group, budget or timeline if you contact us with an enquir y regarding, or express an interest in purchasing, our products or services;
- We may additionally collect your billing information and mailing address if you purchase a product or service on the Sites;
- We may additionally collect your mailing address and registration details about your LGE product if you submit a request for warranty services via LG.com, for example, where you request to have the LGE product repaired;
- We may collect registration details about a product or any hardware that you purchase from LGE and this information may be tied to your name, job title, work email address, phone number, company name, billing information, mailing address, industrial sector, product group, budget and/or timeline;
- We may collect your first and last name, work email address and billing information if you download information from a Site; and
- We may collect details of a claim you have made under a product warranty from one of our Authorised Service Centres, for example, where you have taken your product to an Authorised Service Centre in order for it to be repaired.
The above list is not exhaustive but provides examples of the Personal Information that may be collected on the Sites where provided by you. If you do not want LGE to collect your Personal Information, please do not provide it to us, but it may be necessary to fulfil a service to you.
(2) Device and Usage InformationWe may also collect information about how you use the Sites, explained below:
Cookies. We may collect cookies - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – and other tracking technologies. LGE may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the service. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize certain features of the service to their full potential.
- Product Information. We may collect registration information or other details about a product or service that you purchase or ask customer service through the Sites such as product code, model number, product category, F/W and S/W. Unless this information is tied to your account, name or address, it is not considered personally identifiable.
- Statistical Data. We may also collect information about the device which you use to access our Sites (e.g. your computer, mobile phone, personal electronic device, and all other similar electronic or mobile devices), including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collect aggregated information. This is aggregated statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not show, and is not connected to, personal details that identify you.
- Cookies. We may collect cookies - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – and other tracking technologies. LGE may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the service. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize certain features of the service to their full potential.
3. Use of Information and Grounds for ProcessingWe may use your information that is collected on the Sites for the following purposes:
In addition, if and to the extent that you have explicitly agreed to receive marketing information and to profiling activities, we also use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide information on our products and services;
- To deliver products or services;
- To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- To fulfil a warranty or repair request you have submitted;
- To analyze, review, and improve the products or services we offer, to understand how customers are using the products and service, and to develop new products and services;
- To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs and you experience user-friendly navigation;
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us, Enquiry to Buy or other enquiries;
- To protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- To ensure compliance with legal obligations and regulatory requirements; and
- For our internal administrative and record keeping processes (e.g. management of website accounts, logging of queries etc.).
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products or services from LGE, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials to you via SMS, email, text messages and on social network services; and
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- Where you have opted in by ticking the relevant box on our contact form, to serve you personalized and direct advertising (regarding LGE’s products and services) when you browse online.
Please take into account that this data processing implies analysis of your customer profile to establish your preferences and therefore which products and services are most suitable for your business when sending you information. For example, based on your profile setting and browsing history (i.e., depending on the products or services you searched), we will make you suggestions on products that we believe may interest you.
You may choose not to receive, or unsubscribe from, our direct advertising services by unchecking the appropriate box provided at the time when your Personal Information is collected, by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link provided at the bottom of marketing emails, or by contacting us using the contact details provided at [https://www.lg.com/global/business/non-eu/privacy].
We use your Personal Information for these purposes on the lawful basis that such use of your personal information is necessary for LGE: (i) to fulfil a contract that we have in place with you, for example, to deliver the products or services you have purchased from us, (ii) for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interests (including our legitimate commercial and related interests, such as understanding our customers and potential customers and providing you with information on our products and services), (iii) for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or (iv) where you have given us your consent.
4. Sharing and Disclosure of InformationThe following are some examples of how we may share or disclose your Personal Information:
- To fulfil a service to you.For example, if you purchase or download an item from the Sites we may share your Personal Information in order to provide the item to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. In addition, if you purchase a product via the Sites, we may need to share your data with third parties in order to have that product delivered to you and installed as you requested. Also, if you are entering a competition or prize draw, we may use your Personal Information in order to fulfil the terms of that promotion.
To selected third-parties including:
- 1) Service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, data processing, order processing and fulfilment, customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, and sending customer communications on LGE's behalf), such as Salesforce.com, Inc.
- 2) Business partners where necessary, to enable you access to services you request or sign up for through our products or to any promotional material related to these services, such as our distributors and system integrators in order to provide you with product quotations, warranty service or other maintenance & repair services.
- 3) Other third-parties to provide you with promotional or marketing communications, which we feel you are interested in or may be relevant to you. This is only if you have opted in to receiving such communications and you may opt out at any time by writing to us or clicking an opt-out link at the bottom of any third party marketing emails
- 4) Other third-parties to provide you with personalized advertising, which you may be interested in or may be relevant to you. This will only occur where you have opted in to receiving such personalized advertising. You may opt out at any time by writing to or emailing or notifying us that you no longer wish to see personalized advertising from LGE as you browse online.
- 5) To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- 6) To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- 7) To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from the Sites. In the course of such verification, we may receive Personal Information about you from such services.
- 8) To strategic partners, agents or other unaffiliated parties, but only with your additional express consent. These parties may use your Personal Information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service.
We use reasonable technical and organizational methods to safeguard your information, for example, by password protecting (via usernames and passwords unique to you) certain parts of the Sites and by using SSL encryption and firewalls to protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your information, you acknowledge that data transmissions over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any Personal Information that is transferred from you or to you via the internet and as such, any information you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Protecting the Privacy of Minors under the age of 18
LGE does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Sites. If you are under 18 please do not attempt to register on the Sites or send us any Personal Information.
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email or text message to alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products or services from LGE, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials to you. We provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to continue receiving these marketing communications from us. The opt-out choice may be exercised by checking or un-checking the appropriate box provided at the points where Personal Information is collected, by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link provided at the bottom of marketing emails, or by contacting us using the contact details provided at [https://www.lg.com/global/business/non-eu/privacy]. If you request discontinuation of marketing information, we will process your unsubscription as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscription is processed, especially on the date of your unsubscription. Where you have unsubscribed, we may also need to retain your email address in order for us to ensure you do not receive marketing communications after you have unsubscribed.
Information, Transfer outside your country
If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we may transfer the information to our affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders and store it at destination outside your country. It may also be processed by staff operating outside your country, such as the Republic of Korea and the United States. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will make such transfer only with your additional express consent. Please note, these transfers may be to other jurisdictions around the world, which may not have the same data protection laws as your country, but where possible we shall take reasonable measures to procure that your data is protected i.e. by having adequate (data transfer) contracts in place with any transferee(s) and/or by procuring that transferees are certified by mechanisms such as the Privacy Shield (applicable only to the USA).By providing your Personal Information you should be aware that we will:
- Transfer your Personal Information to a country outside your country of residence, as described above.
You have the right to: (i) request information on and access to all the Personal Information we hold about you; (ii) request that any inaccurate Personal Information we hold be corrected; (iii) to limit or object to certain types of processing of your Personal Information we carry out (including the right to opt-out of any direct marketing) and withdraw any consent you have granted us; (iv) request that we delete the Personal Information we hold about you; and (v) to request a copy of your Personal Information in a machine readable, commonly used format (or to request we transfer your Personal Information in such a format to a third party service provider). Whilst some of these rights can be exercised by you directly through our Sites, many of the rights, such as those relating to requests to delete your personal data, will need to be submitted to us via email at: [email@example.com]. We will consider such responses and respond to you within 30 days. We may also require verification of your identity for providing a copy of your information as permitted by law. Please note, there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in the country in which you live, although we would encourage you to first contact us directly to resolve any concerns.
If you have any specific questions, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Effective Date: 2018.05.25
Last Updated On: 2020.03.26