LG Electronics ("LGE" or "we") is committed to protecting your privacy on the Internet. We believe that it is important for you to know what we do with your personal information. When it comes to consumer data collected electronically, LGE will provide notice, choice, access and security in ways described below.
You can visit https://www.lg.com/global/business ("Sites") without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. LGE will not collect any personal data about you (e.g., name, country, e-mail address) unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it. There are portions of this Sites where we may need to collect personal information from you for a specific purpose, such as 'Inquiry to Buy' and 'Contact us'.
https://www.lg.com/global/business is the site with the purpose of creating an experience of what LGE brand is and its various products with detailed information.
If you contact us with an inquiry, we may collect your location, full name, phone number, work email, company type, company name, product/solution information you are interested, and your work industry.
LGE reserves the right to add or remove service from its Sites and to modify its service from time to time.
What information does LGE obtain?
If you contact us with an inquiry, we may collect your location, full name, phone number, work email, company type, company name, product/solution information you are interested, and your work industry. Our Sites collect domain names and not the e-mail addresses. This information may be aggregated on a "no names" basis just to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Sites, or pages viewed.
Our Sites also seek (as many Web sites do) to place a "cookie" (a small data file) on your computer's hard drive which allows the server to recognize the computer when it visits again. This helps track statistical information about navigation through our Sites. This cookie is not used to obtain your name or any personal data, and the information that is tracked is used only for internal purposes, such as to improve Sites navigation. LGE uses these data to measure the usage of, and improve the content of our Sites.
Domain name information that we collect is only used to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Sites, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our Sites and to improve the content of our Sites.
How will LGE use the information it obtain?
We use your information that is collected through the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- • To deliver or provide the service;
- • To provide customer service
- • To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- • To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites;
- • To contact you in response to sign up forms such as "Contact Us" or other inquiries.
- • to analyze, review, and improve the products or service we offer;
- • to understand how customers are using the Sites
- • to develop new products and service we offer;
- • to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- • to comply with regulatory requirements;
- • for internal record keeping.
- • We generally do not share with third parties the information we receive as a result of you using the Sites. Please be aware of the following circumstances where we may share such information with the following entities
- Other Parties When Required by Law. As required by court order or other government or law enforcement authorities in order to comply with legal process or law;
- Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions. In connection with a corporate event, such as a merger or sale of all or part of LGE business (including that of a division or subsidiary), where LGE may need to disclose information to a potential buyer and its professional advisers;
- Other Parties When it is Necessary to Protect Our Service. In order to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- Other Parties When it is to Protect Any of Our Users' Personal Safety or Property. In order to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public
We will not provide your personal data to third parties, but only if necessary to fulfill your request or for related purposes.
Collection and Use of Information from Children under the Age of 14
Protecting the privacy of children is important to us. LGE does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 14 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Sites. If you are under 14, please do not attempt to register on the Sites with any personal information. If you are at least 14 but under the age of 18, you must have your parent's or legal guardian's permission to use or access the Sites. If LGE learns that a child under 14 has provided us with any personal information, LGE will promptly delete such personal information.
How long will LGE keep my personal Information
Cookies and other tracking technologies
When you access the Sites, third parties may collect personal information about your online activities; these third parties may also collect personal information about your online activities across different websites over time. We are not responsible for this third party data collection.
Third Party Web Sites
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Sites. The Sites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the information collected via the Sites.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. Nevertheless, due to the design of the internet, ever-changing technology, and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and the Sites will be free from unauthorized access by third parties or that LGE() will not be subject to security breaches. We do not accept any responsibility for the disclosure of personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized or unlawful acts of third parties or your decision to disclose your personal information. You must also take appropriate steps to keep your password confidential and change it regularly.
Except to the extent prohibited by local law, any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, shall be: (i) referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board (ii) where the number of arbitrators shall be three, (iii) the seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be Seoul, South Korea, (iv) the language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English and (v) the governing law of the contract shall be the substantive law of the Republic of Korea.
LG Electronics, Inc. is the data controller of your personal information. This is the entity which determines how and why your personal information is processed.
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you personally, or information from which you are identifiable, such as your name, address / country of residence, telephone number, email address, company name or in some cases your IP address and cookie IDs where this information can be combined with other information to identify you.
We may collect the following types of information from visitors to the Sites:
(1) Submitted Information
LGE may collect and store the Personal Information that you have provided to us. Below are some examples of the Personal Information we may collect on the Sites:
- • We may collect your first and last name, job title, work email address, phone number, company name, industrial sector, product group, budget or timeline if you contact us with an inquiry regarding, or express an interest in purchasing, our products or services;
- • We may additionally collect your billing information and mailing address if you purchase a product or service on the Sites;
- • We may additionally collect your mailing address and registration details about your LGE product if you submit a request for warranty services via LG.com, for example, where you request to have the LGE product repaired;
- • We may collect registration details about a product or any hardware that you purchase from LGE and this information may be tied to your name, job title, work email address, phone number, company name, billing information, mailing address, industrial sector, product group, budget and/or timeline;
- • We may collect your first and last name, work email address and billing information if you download information from a Site; and
- • We may collect details of a claim you have made under a product warranty from one of our Authorised Service Centres, for example, where you have taken your product to an Authorised Service Centre in order for it to be repaired.
The above list is not exhaustive but provides examples of the Personal Information that may be collected on the Sites. If you do not want LGE to collect your Personal Information, please do not provide it to us, but it may be necessary to fulfil a service to you.
(2) Device and Usage Information
We may also collect information about how you use the Sites, explained below:
- • Cookies. We may collect cookies - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – and other tracking technologies. LGE may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the service. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize certain features of the service to their full potential.
- • Product Information. We may collect registration information or other details about your product or service. Unless this information is tied to your name or address, it is not considered personally identifiable.
- • Statistical Data. We may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone, personal electronic device, and all other similar electronic or mobile devices, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collect aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not show, and is not connected to, personal details that identify you.
Use of Information and Grounds for Processing
We may use your information that is collected on the Sites for the following purposes:
- • To provide information on our products and services;
- • To deliver products or services;
- • To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- • To fulfil a warranty or repair request you have submitted;
- • To analyse, review, and improve the products or services we offer, to understand how customers are using the products and service, and to develop new products and services;
- • To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs and you experience user-friendly navigation;
- • To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us, Inquiry to Buy or other enquiries;
- • To protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- • To ensure compliance with legal obligations and regulatory requirements; and
- • For internal record keeping.
In addition, if and to the extent that you have explicitly agreed to receive marketing information, we also use your information for the following purposes:
- • To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products or services from LGE, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials to you; and
- • To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
We use your Personal Information for these purposes on the lawful basis that such use of your personal information is necessary for LGE: (i) to fulfil a contract that we have in place with you, for example, to deliver the products or services you have purchased from us, (ii) for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interests (including our legitimate commercial and related interests, such as understanding our customers and potential customers and providing you with information on our products and services), (iii) for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or (iv) where you have given us your consent.
We may also rely on your employer’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when you make a purchase or otherwise interact with us on behalf of your employer.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
The following are some examples of how we may share or disclose your Personal Information:
- • To fulfil a service to you. For example, if you purchase or download an item from the Sites we may share your Personal Information in order to provide the item to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. In addition, if you purchase a product via the Sites, we may need to share your data with third parties in order to have that product delivered to you and installed as you requested. Also, if you are entering a competition or prize draw, we may use your Personal Information in order to fulfil the terms of that promotion.
• To selected third-parties including:
- Service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, data processing, order processing and fulfilment, customer service, maintaining and analysing data, and sending customer communications on LGE's behalf), such as Salesforce.com, Inc.
- Business partners where necessary, to enable you access to services you request or sign up for through our products or to any promotional material related to these services, such as our distributors and system integrators in order to provide you with product quotations, warranty service or other maintenance & repair services.
- Other third-parties to provide you with promotional or marketing communications, which we feel you are interested in or may be relevant to you. This is only if you have opted in to receiving such communications and you may opt out at any time by writing to us or clicking an opt-out link at the bottom of any third party marketing emails.
- • To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- • To third parties as part of any corporate reorganisation process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- • To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from the Sites. In the course of such verification, we may receive Personal Information about you from such services.
- • To strategic partners, agents or other unaffiliated parties, but only with your additional express consent. These parties may use your Personal Information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service.
Your Personal Information will be retained for as long is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in this policy and these are either for legitimate business interests, as required by law or as necessary to perform a service to you. Please contact us for further details of applicable retention periods.
We may anonymise your Personal Information and retain this information for statistical purposes without time limits, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful interest in doing so.
We use reasonable technical and organisational methods to safeguard your information, for example, by password protecting (via usernames and passwords unique to you) certain parts of the Sites and by using SSL encryption and firewalls to protect against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your information, you acknowledge that data transmissions over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any Personal Information that is transferred from you or to you via the internet and as such, any information you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Protecting the Privacy of Minors under the age of 18
LGE does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Sites. If you are under 18 please do not attempt to register on the Sites or send us any Personal Information.
You have the right to: (i) request information on and access to all the Personal Information we hold about you; (ii) request that any inaccurate Personal Information we hold be corrected; (iii) to object to certain types of processing of your Personal Information we carry out (including the right to opt-out of any direct marketing) and withdraw any consent you have granted us; (iv) request that we delete the Personal Information we hold about you; and (v) to request a copy of your Personal Information in a machine readable, commonly used format (or to request we transfer your Personal Information in such a format to a third party service provider).
Whilst some of these rights can be exercised by you directly through our Sites, many of the rights, such as those relating to requests to delete your personal data, will need to be submitted to us [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We will consider such responses and respond to you within 30 days. We may also require verification of your identity for providing a copy of your information as permitted by law. Please note, there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority although we would encourage you to first contact us directly to resolve any concerns.
If you have any specific questions, please contact us (EU Data Controller) at:
European Data Protection Officer
Effective Date: 2018.05.25
Last Updated On: 2018.05.28
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email or text message to alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products or services from LGE, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials to you. We provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to continue receiving these marketing communications from us. The opt-out choice may be exercised by checking or un-checking the appropriate box provided at the points where Personal Information is collected, by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link provided at the bottom of marketing emails, or by contacting us using the contact details provided at [https://www.lg.com/global/business/privacy]. If you request discontinuation of marketing information, we will process your unsubscription as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscription is processed, especially on the date of your unsubscription.
Effective Date: 2018.05.25
Last Updated On: 2018.05.28
Information Transfer to Countries outside the European Economic Area
If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we may transfer the information to our affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders and store it at destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, such as the Republic of Korea and the United States. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Please note, these may be to other jurisdictions around the world, which may not have the same data protection laws as your country, but where possible we shall take reasonable measures to procure that your data is protected i.e. by having adequate (data transfer) contracts in place with any transferee(s) and/or by procuring that transferees are certified by mechanisms such as the Privacy Shield (applicable only to the USA).
By providing your Personal Information you should be aware that we will:
- • Transfer of your Personal Information to a country outside your country of residence and EEA, as described above
Effective Date: 2018.05.25
Last Updated On: 2018.05.28